Who hasn´t enjoyed the delicious flavor of avocado? Yes, that divine and healthy fruit that you can taste alone or alongside other ingredients, in sauce or salad; There are many and diverse ways to eat it and benefit from it.
It’s a food with numerous nutritional benefits, it is one of the favorite ingredients in many homes, and perhaps you didn´t know it, but proof of its delight is that avocado is so popular that it has conquered the whole world.
Curious facts like this one, both in the healthy aspect like in history, are being given about this delicious fruit, which we’ll present below to enhance your taste for it:
● The oil from avocado contains very high monounsaturated fatty acids, therefore, they compare it with olive oil according to its nutritional quality.
● It is proven that the pulp of an avocado accumulates levels of up to 25% oil.
● As incredible as it sounds, an avocado contains 300 calories and 30 grams of healthy polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats.
● Avocados have the highest protein content of any fruit.
● In addition to delighting the palate with its rich flavor, this fruit helps your health by reducing the development of arteriosclerosis.
● If you don´t want to develop cancer, we suggest avocado in your diet, as it contains 11 carotenoids, which help protect your body from certain types of cancer.
● A diet rich in avocado also lowers bad cholesterol levels.
● Ideal for lowering extra calories, since you can use it as a substitute for butter or oil when cooking.
● It is an important source of vitamins A, C, E, thiamine (vitamin B1), calcium, iron, magnesium, zinc, and other minerals.
● If you feel your skin dry, you can make a facemask with this fruit to moisturize and reduce wrinkles. The cosmetic industry uses it as a rehydrating agent.
● It is even used as an ingredient in shampoo to have silky and shiny hair.
● This fruit contains high levels of potassium, only one cup of avocado pieces has 727 milligrams of this mineral.
● Although it is a rich and healthy food, it is not recommended that animals consume it as it can be toxic to them. So don't share it with your pet.
● Now, Hass avocado is the most common variety and is produced throughout the year.
● So that you can be filled with pride and not just avocado, Mexico is the world's leading producer of this fruit and Michoacán is the main producer.
Undoubtedly, with these data, we understand why the avocado is considered the green gold, not only for its flavor but for its nutritional value and health benefits. In Agro Gonzámex we are expert producers of this Mexican delicacy, cultivated with passion.
If you want to know more about our products just click here.
Share this article