Avocado is a fruit that for many years had a bad reputation among athletes due to its high caloric level, however, it is a food with many nutrients and high-quality proteins, that help with the recovery or building of muscle. Making it perfect for people who perform a lot of physical activity.
In addition to proteins, avocados have other nutrients that bring different benefits to the body:
● Helps regulate cholesterol levels, since it contains oleic acid.
● Has vitamin K, which improves blood circulation.
● Improves digestion and regulates appetite thanks to its high fiber content.
● Contributes to the control of blood sugar.
● It contains vitamin C, which helps in the absorption of iron and the oxygenation of the blood.
● Provides vitamin E, which is a great antioxidant and helps regulate blood pressure.
● Protects eyesight, thanks to its high content of lutein.
● It has flavonoids and polyphenols with anti-inflammatory effects.
● It has B vitamins, which protect the metabolism and the nervous system.
Regardless of all these benefits, many athletes are concerned about calories. However, it is perfect to help regain energy when enduring a long day of training or intense competition.
In addition to all of these benefits and nutrients, avocado is a very versatile fruit, which can be integrated with almost any type of food and consumed in different ways. Here we leave you some examples:
Peel the avocado and mash it with a fork, then put it in a blender, slice and add a banana in pieces, add a glass of your favorite milk and blend. If you want to give it a sweet touch you can add a little bit of honey. This smoothie will help you start your day full of energy or recover strength after a workout.
Whole rice with avocado
Cook half a cup of brown rice. Cut half an avocado in cubes and add a little lemon juice. Serve the rice in a bowl, add the avocado and spice it with soy sauce. You can complement this recipe by adding a little tuna.
We hope this article has been useful for you to learn more about nutrients and how it can benefit people with different lifestyles, such as athletes.
In the same way, we recommend you try it and enjoy its delicious flavor, like that of our premium quality avocados, since in Agro Gonzámex we have more than 30 years of experience cultivating this delicious fruit. We welcome you to know more about us and the quality of our products by clicking here.