As we previously mentioned in another one of our articles, choosing the best avocado can be easier when using certain techniques and knowing its ripening stages, however, there are other situations that commonly occur with this delicious food, such as its browning after cutting.
It’s common for people to think that, when brown, an avocado loses its quality, however, this is not true.
Browning is not something that only happens to avocados, it is a very common situation in fruits, although it is true that in some the process is faster.
In avocados, this process is caused by an enzyme called polyphenol oxidase, which when in direct contact with the air produces this effect. However, there are several ways to avoid it so that you can enjoy your avocados without having those dark spots. These are some:
1. Cut an onion into pieces and put it in a container, afterwards put the avocado with the bone up and cover the container.
2. Spread the avocado with olive oil and store it in a container.
3. Put a few drops of lemon on the avocado, although this tip is mainly used when preparing a salad.
4. Keep the avocado in cold water. If you plan to apply this tip, make sure to use the avocado that same day.
5. Wrap the avocado well in sticky plastic or plastic wrap.
6. Do not remove the bone, as it will protect it from direct contact with the air, preventing stains from forming.
We hope these tips help you to maintain the good appearance of your avocados as well as continue to enjoy its delicious flavor, like that of our premium quality avocados, since at Agro Gonzámex we have more than 30 years of experience cultivating this delicious fruit. We invite you to know more about us and the quality of our products by clicking here.
Share this article